– Keep up with your car repair and maintenance. Small problems can, and more than likely will, lead to bigger problems. If your vehicle is overstressed in any area it will eventually show up at the gas station.
– Keep the appropriate air pressure in your tires. Check your vehicle owner’s manual for the correct pressure. Low tire pressure will unnecessarily increase the tire’s wear and will waste fuel.
– Make sure that you have your tires rotated and your wheels aligned and balanced on a regular schedule. Improper tire care will lead to higher fuel usage.
– Excessive use of the air conditioner will raise fuel costs. Only run it when necessary. However, when driving at highway speeds, leave the windows closed to reduce drag, and it will be more economical to use the air conditioner.
The manner in which you drive and handle your vehicle effects fuel usage. Being too hard on a car will raise your fuel costs.
– Drive at the recommended speed limit no matter where you are. The faster you drive the more fuel your car will require.
– Avoid jumping into traffic if at all possible. Ideally, you want to accelerate smoothly, slowly, and safely. Try to maintain a constant speed. Excessive speeding up and slowing down wastes fuel, and doesn’t really get you anywhere any faster.
– Always try to maintain the recommended distance between vehicles. Sudden stopping and braking not only wastes fuel, but is hard on your brakes and entire vehicle.
– If you drive a manual transmission, drive in the appropriate gear. If the road is level, you need to be in a high gear, and so forth.
– Unnecessarily engine idling is uneconomical on fuel usage. Try not to idle if it is not necessary.
table all the technology and refinement of carbon-fiber, ceramics, and electronics. What Chevrolet is attempting to do with its latest model is show the world that they can produce a car that can deliver everything a high end sports car can but at a fraction of the price. The ZR1 was designed based on the Z06, but to be superior to it in every way: acceleration, braking, cornering, and top speed. What is probably responsible for this increased performance is its power to weight ratio. It is also the first Corvette to reach a top speed over 200 miles per hour.
The Corvette ZR1 sports car features a LS9 6.2 liter engine as its powerhouse. This large positive displacement roots type supercharger is what gives the car its powerful performance specs. The engine also has an integrated change cooling system which is needed to keep the engine cool and maintain its high-end performance. The LS9 engine is supported by a strong 6 speed transmission with a twin disc clutch. These new design makes changing gears a breeze. Previously, the highest gear in a Chevrolet Corvette was fifth gear, so this is an exciting change for this particular vehicle.
The 2009 Corvette ZR1 features the same heavy aluminum chassis as the previous Z06. It also possesses similar front and rear suspension systems. One way in which the two can be differentiated is the suspension tuning which was optimized for the ZR1. This latest model also benefits from Magnetic Selective Ride Control. As a result, the car is able to deliver damping adjustments which are almost instantaneous and a supple ride quality with a very tight cornering grip.
The exquisite exterior design of the 2009 model also begs to be discussed as it makes it one of the more recognizable cars on the road today. It features a raised hood that is constructed from all carbon fibers, with a clear, polycarbonate window. The window makes it possible to look in and see the engine’s intercooler. The engine cover features the Corvette flag logo on the front and the intercooler has “LS9 Supercharged” embossed on the sides. In order to further differentiate the car’s design, it features exposed carbon fiber weaves on various parts of the vehicle such as under the hood, the roof, roof bow, and rocker molding.
Finally, the car’s interior is nothing to ignore either. It features the standard double cockpit, high quality materials and craftsmanship, and the overall functionality that one has come to expect from the Corvette series of sports cars. It features lightweight seats and content in its base model, and the uplevel interior package features powered adjustable leather seats, a four color leather wrapped interior, navigation system, and blutetooth technology support. With all of these interesting and useful features, the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 sports car is sure to draw a lot of attention.
Older readers will remember a time when buying a used car meant looking in the local newspaper for private party ads. The pickings were often slim and the best deals were snatched up quickly. The earlier you scanned the newspaper’s ads, the better your chances were for uncovering a gem.
Today, prospective buyers have a lot of other options, including auctions. If you have never purchased a vehicle through this process, it may seem intimidating at first. But, once you pull back the cover and learn how they work (including the applicable regulations), they’re not nearly as mysterious as they might appear. Below, I’ll briefly describe a few types of car auctions. Each of them can offer compelling deals on reliable vehicles.
Government Leases And Property
To a neophyte who doesn’t know better, these events can seem unappealing. They have an undeserved reputation for selling vehicles that have been used in drug busts, sting operations, and other criminal activities. As a result, a lot of people think that each one that is sold on the block is blood-stained and riddled with bullet holes.